Making The Prayer Walk a Habit
I developed The Prayer Walk much like I developed the habit of writing daily in my prayer journal by taking one day at a time.
1) No day is the same – vary routes or routines.
2) No steps or reps will be counted.
3) No distance will be measured.
4) No time tracking.
5) No one is competing with your OR vice versa.
1) Download the Bible Gateway App (or use another Audio Bible of your choosing) and select your favorite Bible translation – use earbuds, if possible.
2) After walking/exercising, record in your prayer journal the ending Bible book, chapter, and verse to pick up where you left off the next time you walk/exercise.
3) After you walk/exercise or before you walk/exercise again, take time to reflect and pray upon God’s Word during your last walk.
Sample journal prompts:
a. How did listening to God’s Word help me through my walk/exercise routine?
b. What did I learn about God? What is He teaching me?
c. When did I begin to feel God’s presence?
4) Let your prayer partners know when you begin your walk/exercise routine so they can lift you up in prayer and encouragement. Don’t forget to let The Prayer Journals know too through Facebook private messenger.
5) Have the attitude of Jesus. “It is God who produces in you the desires and actions that pleases Him.” Philippians 2:13
Join me on The Prayer Walk
My personal goal with The Prayer Walk is to walk my way through the Bible beginning with the book of Genesis. I will be posting periodically on The Prayer Walk page my personal to hold myself accountable but to also provide whatever encouragement I can for you. I will also be including any helpful tips for physical exercise and journal writing.
The Prayer Journals Facebook page
I will be posting on The Prayer Journals Facebook page so I hope I can count on you to lift me up and others who join me in prayer and encouragement. Please post in the comment section or private message me through The Prayer Journals page so I can pray for you too!
“So admit your sins to each other, and pray for each other so that you will be healed. Prayers offered by those who have God’s approval are effective.” James 5:16
“So we can confidently say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid…” Hebrews 13:6
“Ask, and you will receive. Search, and you will find. Knock, and the door will be opened for you.” Matthew 7:7